Love God. Love people. Change the World.
In Matthew 22: 37 - 38 Jesus said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind. This is the first and most important command.” There aren’t enough words to fully define what that should look like, but here are a few of the things we strive for:
- Worship and rejoice in Him with other Christ followers every Sunday though song, scripture, prayer, and communion.
- Worship Him through our lives and the actions we take each day.
- Grow in our relationship with Him through prayer, study, and relationship with other Christ followers.
In Matthew 22:39, Jesus followed the command to love God with these words, “And the second command is like the first: Love your neighbor as yourself.” Christ gave us the ultimate example of what loving people should look like, and we try to follow His example by:
- Being a church that spends time together in worship, study, and small groups.
- Being a church that cares for each other.
- Getting to know our neighbors and our coworkers so we can learn to love and serve them better.
- Encouraging our members to serve our community through various ministries.
Change the World.
In Matthew 28:19, Jesus said, “Go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.” We believe spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ can change the world one person at a time, and we feel called to do that through:
- Equipping and encouraging every member of GCR to spread the Good News to their friends, neighbors, and coworkers.
- Planting churches locally and throughout the United States.
- Spreading the good news globally through short term missions, supporting missions, and individual missionaries (see our missions page to learn more).
- Equipping and encouraging every member to live a life that shows how the Good News of Christ has changed them.